RSS
Welcome to my blog! Here is my forum to discuss all things pop culture...and by all things, I obviously mean movies and TV shows.

Mid-Season Selections (January)


Yes, it is that time. That's right, it is time to cancel shows that weren't really given a chance to succeed only to put in shows with an equal chance at failure in their place. Here is a look at the mid-season shows we have to look forward to.

Work It (ABC)
PD: Tuesday, 1/3
Plot Summary: Centers on two unemployed car salesmen who realize that they are living in a woman's world, so they decide that to find work again, they must dress as women to get jobs as pharmaceutical reps.
Thoughts: It seems to be a regurgitated Bosom Buddies minus Tom Hanks. I will give it a shot with minimal optismism.

The Firm(NBC)
PD: Sunday, 1/8
Plot Summary: If you are thinking that this is a show based on the novel by the same name by one John Grisham, which would also make it a show based on the movie by that same name starring one Tom Cruise, you would be correct. Well done, putting those pieces together.

Thoughts: I care for Josh Lucas a great deal, but I just don't know how you can take a book or a 2 hour movie and stretch it into a successful TV series. I mean, don't we all kind of know the ending here?


Are You There, Chelsea? (NBC)
PD: Wednesday, 1/11
Plot Summary: Based on the book, "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler - A comedy about a 20-something woman Chelsea (Laura Prepon), an opinionated and unapologetic young woman who lives life to the fullest.
Thoughts: Chelsea Handler is very, very funny. She is equally crude. That should tell you whether or not you will like this show.

Rob (CBS)
PD: Thursday, 1/12
Plot Summary: About Rob, a confirmed bachelor who has just married into a tight-knit Mexican-American family.
Thoughts: I honestly can't even drum up enough enthusiasm about this show to want to formulate my thoughts on it.

The Finder (FOX)

PD: Thursday, 1/12
Plot Summary: A spin-off from the TV Show, Bones - the main character is an eccentric but amusing recluse in high demand for his ability to find anything. He suffered brain damage while overseas, which has left him paranoid and suspicious of everything.
Thoughts: The cast made an appearance in last season of Bones and I enjoyed them. I am excited for this one.
Napoleon Dynamite(FOX)
PD: Sunday, 1/15

Plot Summary: This space deliberately left blank

Thoughts: It's like they waited until everyone was crazy sick of it and then they made a cartoon about it. Pass.
Alcatraz (FOX)
PD: Monday, 1/16
Plot Summary: The new thriller from J.J. Abrams about the mysterious disappearances and reappearances of those on the prison rock.

Thoughts: J.J. Abrams and Sam Neill? It is worth at least a look-see.
Touch (FOX)
PD: Wednesday, 1/25 (Preview...set to premiere in March)
Plot Summary: Centers on a father who discovers his autistic, mute son can actually predict events before they happen.                               

Thoughts: Kiefer Sutherland has all of the loyal 24 fans frothing at the mouth for his return to TV. I think it might be hard for these die-hard fans to see him play anyone other than Jack Bauer. I never really got into 24 so I am interested to see how this fares.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow. I'll pass on everything. Thanks for the disappointing heads up. If anything turns out to be good, let me know.

Zachariah Parry said...

I didn't know about a lot of these. I have been looking forward to Alcatraz since it was announced, though, it being sci-fi and all.

Zachariah Parry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aivaz Family said...

I had a comment all ready and then I lost it when I signed in. Boo. Suffice it to say, I agree on all counts.

Zachariah Parry said...

I deleted my second post because it was a duplicate of the first. I'm not sure how it happened. I say this because I know people who see the deleted post are going to wonder. And now they don't have to.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Culture Pop. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy